Firefox question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

Does anyone else experience the following: every now and then when clicking a website, nothing will happen, with "Done" in the lower left corner appearing. And upon refreshing, the site will open? Or sometimes the "Done" thing will persist for a min or so and then you could finally open the website?

Also, sometimes Firefox won't display all the ads and pics on a page properly, but after a min or so, when refreshing, it will be back to normal again..

Like right now, as I'm typing this topic - above this square where you type text I see a bunch of words like "Align", "Ordered", "Unordrered", etcetc. and on the right I only see words instead of smileys. What the hell?

Oh and btw, I'm using Firefox 3.0.7

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sounds like it could be a slow connection since images can take longer to download. When you see the text like "align" that's just the alternate text assigned to the image that is displayed when the image has not loaded or could not be downloaded. It could also be the bandwidth of the site. Every so often I'll have MacRumors load a little slow for instance.