Firefox right click on bookmarks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by etsi, Nov 14, 2011.

1. etsi macrumors regular

Hello,

Does right clicking bookmarks works for you using firefox ?

I can't right click any of the bookmarks and edit or delete them. Is there any trick to make it work or firefox doesn't support mac 100% ?

2. fastmax macrumors member

Right-clicking in Firefox on the Mac is definitely supported.

When you go to the Bookmarks menu and select Show All Bookmarks you should be able to right-click (or two-finger click if you have a trackpad) and edit or delete a particular bookmark.

If you have selected a specific bookmark and connected to its web address, you can click on the star button in the url bar and edit, delete or move the bookmark to another folder.

3. etsi thread starter macrumors regular

Right clicking at "Show All Bookmarks" works but it doesn't work for "Bookmarks Toolbar" when I try to right click from the toolbar.

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Odd, I was editing bookmarks with that the other day in Firefox. Maybe uninstall and reinstall it?

5. fastmax, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

fastmax macrumors member

Right-clicking folders or specific bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar directly is built into Firefox, but if the bookmark is within a folder on the toolbar then right-click will not work for that bookmark, as it's not designed to function this way.

Can you right-click directly on a single bookmark that's not inside a folder from the toolbar?

6. etsi thread starter macrumors regular

Yes you can under Win7. I will check the addons if something causing the problem.

7. etsi thread starter macrumors regular