Firefox/Safari problem loading pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mitis, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mitis macrumors newbie

So I am quite desperate and have been looking for a solution for few weeks now - the problem is driving me nuts!

My web browsers will not load pages. They will eventually after showing me "server not found" and "safari can't find the server" info and reloading the page few times. I am not sure if it's getting worse but most pages will just not open with one click. Also sometimes when it's finally loaded it's not really fully loaded - as the pictures are not showing or the page is just ugly and mixed up and so I have to refresh again. What I also have noticed lately is that when I want to watch videos on youtube I get the error: "an error occured please try again later" but when I reload the page one or few times it plays perfectly fine!

I am on Leopard and currently using Firefox 3.5 and I have tried updating java and shockwave and cleaning cache and stuff as some webpages and forums suggested. I am happy to do it all over do again if that is what you suggest maybe I was doing something wrong. I have no idea what's wrong. It can't be my connection cause when I take my babes to uni same thing happens. I am hopeless. Please!

I think it started when I was not using my mac for like two weeks and when I came back from a holiday and turned it back on I have noticed the problem.

edit: that is exactly what happened to me when I was writing this thread. I clicked on "post" and I got that white screen with the message "Server not found"; had to refresh and it's done... it is honestly killing me!

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I don't know, try flushing DNS cache after resetting your router..

Code:
    dscacheutil -flushcache

4. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

just to be clear, I don't want you to RESET your router, but to RESTART it..

but the flush might help too^^

5. mitis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for quick responses. I have done both - restarted the rooter which we do once in a while anyway and I flushed DNS too (so I think). No changes... Gosh it's well annoying!

6. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

over wireless connection or wired?

if wireless just for a test try wired connection once

7. mitis thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes wireless. Will try wired and see. Thanks!

8. mitis thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked over wired and the same thing happens I am afraid.
    Any idea what might be happening?

9. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

I would try to see if you can check for errors at the apple store I have no clue what else it can be I'll look into it further tho if I find anything I'll post back..