Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Im finding in FireFox sometimes it just does nothing when its supposed to load a page, it just says its 'Done' and loads nothing, I find in Safari similar non-responding take place.

Is it just me?

jamin.

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
its just annoying, I have to constantly quit and reopen FireFox To get a webpage to work..what OSX does everyone use?

Achiever

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
I use both browsers at home (on Macs) and at work (on a PC) and I know what you are talking about. I don't think it is the browser. I think the web site is not loaded correctly on the host so no information appears. I could be completely off on this, but I find that I see this occurrence most often when I am opening a page with "breaking news" (sports or news media), leading me to believe it is not the browser.

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
I think the best you can do, is try reinstalling safari and/or firefox.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Im finding in FireFox sometimes it just does nothing when its supposed to load a page, it just says its 'Done' and loads nothing, I find in Safari similar non-responding take place.

Is it just me?
Try grabbing the new firefox beta - i had given up on firefox and switched to safari, but the newest beta of firefox is really great.

Ya know, in retrospect, it's pretty funny. For those who have been mac users for a while, we know that browsers in OS X used to be terrible! You had to use either IE iCab or omniweb. Now with Camino, Firefox, Safari, etc, we have some great choices of browsers and they're all getting much better at a very fast rate!

I believe Safari and firefox are both built off Mozilla code.
Wrong.
Safari = Webkit and is a cocoa app
Firefox = Mozilla Gecko and is not a cocoa app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.