Firefox, save as, change directory

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tex-Twil, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hello,
    This is a switcher question ;) I'm using Firefox and I found the "save as" function a bit annoying since it is difficult to choose another directory. The directory which is visible is the one which was used the last time but it is not possible to go from this directory to its parent for example.

On the screenshot, I'm in a foo/bar/Soft/utils directory and let's say I want to save the file to foo/bar/Soft

The only way I can do this is to go through the whole path again by choosing one of the dirs on the left pane. What I would enjoy is simply go one step back (cd ..) from the current dir.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance,
    Tex

Attached Files:

2. dckj95 macrumors member

ok so heres how you solve ur problem. :D

in your picture, you can see the 'utils' with an arrow dropdown menu.

press the arrow and the dropdown menu will display the whole path so you can select the parent folder.

hope this helps :)

3. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

damn, I feel stupid :) I saw this arrow but I havent realized that its content represents the absolute path to the current dir. I thought it was only some recently used directories.

Attached Files:

4. admiralbeotch macrumors newbie

Dont feel bad, you're not the only one. Thank Google and you for the thread because it saved me from having to punch steve jobs in the junk!

5. Tex-Twil thread starter macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

:)