Firefox says secure URL is not secure when Safari and Opera say it is.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Cromulent, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I have a strange problem on my website that I can not work out. It used to work fine but I did an upgrade on Friday and now Firefox 3.0.8 says that secure URLs (https) are not encrypted. The odd thing is that other browsers such as Safari 3.2.1 and Opera 9.64 say that the connection is secure when I visit those URLs.

Why does Firefox think these URLs are insecure, when all the other browsers think it is fine? I run an ecommerce site so it is of vital importance to get this fixed.

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I would report it as a bug with the firefox dev team.

3. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

Will do, but I need a workaround in the mean time. As I say it is rather crucial, if it was a little used browser then I wouldn't worry so much but Firefox has a pretty big market share.

4. Cromulent thread starter macrumors 603

Cromulent

Well that is incredibly weird. It seems to have fixed itself for no apparent reason. I assume it either caches some data somewhere and the cache expired or my web host has some form of cacheing installed.

What gets me worried is that it seems completely random. If I knew it was broken then I could fix it, but with it working or not working at seemingly random moments it makes it harder to fix for the future.