Firefox scrollbar issue

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by dpcrummy, Oct 16, 2010.

1. dpcrummy macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can help me understand why my site has huge horizontal and vertical scrollbars on firefox, but not on Safari and only on a mac? (Firefox on a PC seems to work fine.) There isn't any content way off to the right of the page or far down on the page...

On my index.html page I have overflow set to auto and both height and width are at fixed dimensions, not 100%. I'm a bit of a novice with all the code, fyi.

here's a link to my site: http://www.danielcrumrine.com

And attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The embed, inside the object has a width of 1280px. The object has width/height as 100%, and the same needs to be done for the embed.

3. dpcrummy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I just tried that and it didn't work.

It really confuses me that it's only an issue on Firefox on my mac. Safari works fine as well as IE and Firefox on a PC.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Are you sure you edited the right spot, because I can see the effect of the change using Firebug on the page? The scroll bar is there, I do the edit, then it's gone. You're only seeing the scroll bars on browsers that aren't handling the object and thus go to the embed tag. I'll also note that the scroll bars appear in Safari and Opera on Mac for me, but editing the width fixes it.

Found this is your code,
    Code:
        if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0) {
            alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.");
        } else {
            AC_FL_RunContent(
                'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0',
                [COLOR="Red"]'width', '1280',
                'height', '640',[/COLOR]