Firefox support for fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by cmhsam, Jul 21, 2011.

1. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does firefox support the fullscreen mode? I have the latest version but doesn't look like it supports the full screen feature? How about chrome?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I have Firefox 5.0.1 and yes it does support full screen mode. As for Chrome, I don't know because I don't have it.

3. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

it does? My 5.0.1 doesnt.. or, at least it doesnt have the fancy full-screen-lion-button :confused:

4. emiljan macrumors 6502

emiljan

Same here. I don't see the full screen button either.

5. infamous84 macrumors member

firefox doesn't support it natively like safari but you can go into full screen mode if you want, i think thats what the OP meant.

6. SandboxGeneral, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Well ok, so it doesn't have the new 10.7 button (yet), but if you switch to full screen either by the menu or keyboard shortcut you can get it. - I just wasn't thinking of it the other way (new way) I suppose. :eek:

Attached Files:

7. jive turkey macrumors 6502

Ironically, even though it doesn't officially support the full screen thing in Lion, Firefox is one of the very few apps that actually works the way I would expect it do when in full screen--by not killing my second display! Are you listening, Steve? :apple:

8. Zelnaga macrumors regular

Is there anyway to always show bookmark toolbars in full screen mode?

I can do the navigation toolbar. Just not the bookmarks I have below the navigation in non-full screen mode.

Cheers.!