Firefox Tab Shortcuts in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by twsepper, Apr 10, 2008.

1. twsepper macrumors newbie

In Firefox, you can press CMD+1, CMD+2, etc. to go to the first tab, the second tab, etc. Does anyone know how to accomplish this in Safari?

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

It's Command { and } to switch between tabs. Are you using a US keyboard? On UK ones it's a little awkward because you have to press shift at the same time. ><

3. twsepper thread starter macrumors newbie

I know what it is currently; I'm looking to replicate Firefox's keyboard shortcuts.

4. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Oh, sorry. . in that case, I haven't heard of it being done before. I'm sure someone else will know.

5. jcs1088 macrumors regular

To switch between tabs in Safari it's Cmd+Shift+Left or Right Arrow. Cmd+ a number will open bookmarks in your bookmark bar.

6. twsepper thread starter macrumors newbie

I know what Safari's default actions are.. that's not what I'm asking.

I am asking how to replicate Firefox's keyboard controls of CMD+n changing tab focus.

7. jcs1088 macrumors regular

That I don't know how to do, or know if it's even possible. I know that you can go into the Keyboard Shortcut section of the System Preferences and change existing shortcuts to your liking, but it would be hard to do because it doesn't have it's own menu bar entry.

8. Ottayawn macrumors newbie

I've recently begun using Safari again full-time after swearing off of Firefox because 3.0 doesn't function with networked user accounts.

I never realized how addicted I was to the command+n tab navigation. I'm constantly opening up bookmarks with the command in Safari, and it's driving me bonkers. I'm desperate to find a plug in to duplicate this GREAT functionality from FF.

9. Commodore macrumors member

I found this thread while Googling for the same answer. Is there any way to replicate this functionality in Safari? I don't want to open up my bookmarks with Cmd + n. I want to switch to that tab. I have already added Cmd + [ and Cmd + ] to switch between previous and next but that is not as useful as using tab numbers.

Thanks!

10. twsepper thread starter macrumors newbie

I still haven't found one..

11. Lullus macrumors newbie

In Firefox are to ways to switch to tabs. I know only one way for Safari Command + Shift + ← or →.