Firefox tabs question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Jul 17, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 68000

I don't like how when you have lots of tabs open it's really hard to tell which one you currently have open, because the one you're currently on is basically the same color as all others in the line! (Ok, you can notice the difference if you look carefully at it but that's inconvenient if you ask me - it should be clearer to one's eye!)

Is there a way to fix that? I think that in previous versions of Firefox the difference was much more apparent and thus tabs were easier to distinguish.

Attached Files:

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

other than themes, I dont know there is a better solution.

anyway, what usability problem do you have with it? post them see if there is a solution for that.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

This still doesn't make it that clear to see which tab is open as the difference between selected and not isn't that great at all

Aging Tabs

Causes the non active tabs to be faded:

Picture 3.png

It should have more options to allow for a custom colour to be applied to the active tab according to the add-on page but on my firefox doesn't seem to.

4. jon08 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, mine neither. I was looking for something similar to that add-on though, thanks. Any other add-ons like this?

5. jon08 thread starter macrumors 68000

Another question: is there an add-on to bring favicons to the Bookmarks BAR?

6. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Aging tabs might just be the trick. :D

In my experiences with running tabs I keep my top three on the far left or the far right at all times. Depending on how many active tabs you run this might be your best option. I just shift or drag the ones that I'm interested in either way...mood pending. :p