Firefox Thrashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jasnw, Oct 13, 2014.

1. jasnw macrumors 6502a

jasnw

When I exit Firefox (v32.0.3) it has started doing a lot of disk thrashing and takes a lot longer to quit. On occasion it has gone on long enough that I've done a force-quit so I can get on with life. First time this happened was during the latest "OS X has been hacked" scare, which had me worried for a minute. Running Mavericks 10.9.5 with all updates. This started within the last month or so. Anyone else seeing this issue? The only add-on I use is 1password.

2. MLinneer macrumors regular

MLinneer

Not exactly the same but I've had similar issues. FF 32 for me has a habit of just going haywire after a while. Once memory usage gets over 500mb, it won't ever go down. It just keeps eating RAM until I quit and restart it. And now new to 32, the CPU usage has started to peg at 110% until I quit, though to be fair it seems to be a Flash issue that triggers it. It seems to be sporadic as it's happened at different times but NBCNEWS.com will eventually trigger the runaway CPU just about every time. Never really had this issue until 32.

3. MLinneer macrumors regular

MLinneer

FF 33 is out

FF 33 has been released and I'm still seeing the same thing... once RAM use gets over 500mb it won't release. I don't use many extensions and I've disabled/deleted them. iMac 2.7Ghz, 8G RAM, OS X 10.9.5