Firefox title bar weirdness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by noble8, May 28, 2010.

1. noble8 macrumors newbie

Im not quite sure when this happened as firefox isnt my primary browser, but as you can see from the pictures something is up with the title bar (I think its called this) :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have tried fully uninstalling firefox, with appzapper, removing all related files, however this taint in the title bar persists.

I thank anyone who brings ideas to remedy this. :D

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

You'll have to fix the screenshots.

EDIT: Your urls are incorrect

EDIT2: These cloudapp links are annoying.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I had to manually get the link to your image from the source code as it wasn't appearing for me, but if you go to User > Library > Application Support > Firefox > Profiles and delete the profile there. Start Firefox again and that should fix it. It looks to me as though one of the theme files has become corrupt. :)

Edit: That is not the default Mac OS theme. That is probably the reason. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Themes > Default and that will possible fix it. It appears at one stage you installed a 'Safari look-alike'. Either of my solutions will work, but the first one will delete your bookmarks and history also.

4. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

What all did AppZapper remove?

Try removing the Firefox folder from ~/Library/Application Support/

(tilde refers to your user "home" folder).

5. noble8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried removing application support folder, this also removed any other themes or settings I had, but no joy :(

6. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Are you just missing the navigation toolbar? Make sure it's selected in View > Toolbars > Navigation Toolbar.

Although that should have reset with AppZapper removing the preference file I would think.

Restarted lately?

7. noble8 thread starter macrumors newbie

The navigation bar is being shown.

I restart daily /forshame :p

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm not sure which version of Firefox you're running, but... this sounds like it might be caused by one of 3 things:
    1. A theme for Firefox
    2. A Persona for Firefox
    3. A third-party user interface modifying program

9. noble8 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought this to, but I have completely removed firefox from my hard drive, and installed again with no extensions... and it persists :p

10. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Ok, next step would be to create a test account on your Mac. Log into that, and see if Firefox behaves the same way. If it does, reinstall while in the test account and try again.

That would determine whether it's within your user account or the system.

11. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Do you have any 3rd-party user interface modifiers installed? Those will still affect Firefox, even if you completely uninstall and reinstall it.

I second slpdLoad's suggestion.

12. noble8 thread starter macrumors newbie

That sounds like alot of work :p Ill get going on it :D

Edit: I have installed UI mods, ill see if I can change something there and get back to you, thanks for leads guys.

Update: I created the test account, removed firefox (and associated files), rebooted, then installed again. Same problem. I assume its down to this UI mod on the system unless anyone has another idea :p
    Thanks for the help again.