Firefox will not load

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sly, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

I installed the latest firefox update this morning and now when the browser loads the CPU jumps to 100% and stays there, firefox locks solid for as long as one cares to leave it. The only option is to force quit the app. I have tried trashing Firefox and downloading a new disk image I have also tried trashing the preference file. Nothing works, any ideas welcomed?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This issue is usually caused by a corrupted Firefox profile. To fix this, move your profile folder elsewhere, and relaunch Firefox. Your profile is located here:
    Macintosh HD : Users : username : Library : Application Support : Firefox : Profiles : (random string).slt

Where username is your short user name, and (random string) is just that - a randomly generated string of numbers and letters.

3. Sly thread starter macrumors 6502

Sly

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that didn't work either. I've had to go for the big one and delete everything Firefox I can find and re-install. Good news is Firefox is purring again, Bad news is all my passwords, history, book marks and everything has gone :(