Firefox won't download files properly

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by acfusion29, Jul 19, 2009.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Alright, so I have no idea when this started but I noticed a few weeks ago when I tried to download the iPhone SDK, Firefox would get confused and wouldn't know what to do. It would load the next page and the status bar would show that it's loading the download, but nothing would DOWNLOAD.

I would have to phsyically take the download link (whateverITwas.dmg), paste it into textedit, make a .html file, open it in Firefox, right click > save linked file as and it would download. Unfortunately, I couldn't just right click on the Apple link because there's a php script to prevent users from sharing the download link to everyone.

Anyways, I thought this was an Apple only problem because I tried it on Safari as well and I was getting the same problem!

So I didn't really think much of it but just a few minutes ago I tried to download the newest iStat pro, but again.. it was just sitting there confused and not knowing what to do.

So what could be the problem?

Btw, while making this thread, it got me thinking. Could it be Safari 4 that screwed everything up?

2. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Have you tried a different profile in Firefox? How about deleting it and reinstalling?

Make sure you back up your bookmarks first.

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Nothing will download in ANY of the browsers.

What could be the problem... :confused:

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

as previously mentioned, did you try a new firefox profile?

also, does a new OSX account help?