Firefox won't quit etc..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by enriquecb4, Mar 28, 2009.

1. enriquecb4 macrumors newbie

I am Using a new Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook

After having used, and been pleased with Firefox for years now, I find that it just isn't up to snuff on this system.

It's super slow most of the time (whereas Safari isn't)

It isn't optimized for some websites, like eBay.. Can't upload photos using Firefox.

And each time I try to quit Firefox, I have to go in and manually "Force Quit" Because it freezes and won't quit on its own.

Please help!

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I couldn't tell you the problem.

I am not a firefox user, so I can't really help you here. Just wondering, what is it that makes Fire Fox so great?

If safari works fine I would just use that. Since Safari was made by Apple, it works well with your Mac.

3. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

sounds like something is seriously messed up with your mac. have you tried doing a clean install?

4. jeremybuff macrumors regular

Instead of something being "seriously messed up with your mac" as ruinfx suggested, I would first suggest something is "seriously messed up with Firefox". Try this:

1) Download AppCleaner
    2) Use it to delete Firefox completely
    3) Grab a fresh copy of Firefox, or better yet, the latest beta- it runs much smoother than 3.0.8 for Mac.
    4) Reinstall with the fresh copy.
    5) Report back and let us know how it goes.

Edit: You may want to also grab a copy of ONYX and use it to clear your system temp files, browser crap, etc.

5. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

1. backup passwords, you can do manual copy, or just using addon "password exporter"
    2. back up addons if you like. there are some addons for that.
    3. delete, or rename your firefox profile folder
    4. restart firefox.

its quite easy actually. Firefox has gone through several structure changes in profiles since version 1.5, if you updated it through the years, there are likely greater chances to be hiccups.

It might be a time for a fresh start for you and your firefox now, and, its really quite easy.