Firefox won't warn me when closing muliple tabs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dany M, May 17, 2008.

1. Dany M macrumors 6502

I think it was my brother who chose that option. I look at preferences and it is checked to warn me but it doesn't. Can anyone help?

2. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Try this:

Preferences >Tabs> Warn me when closing multiple tabs.

If that does not work, then wait for Clevin to get here and advise you about the about:config part of FF :)

3. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah that does not work at all

4. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

As the second part of my post said, wait for Clevin - the FF guru to see your post, and he will have a solution.

5. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I have noticed that he is very knowledgeable of firefox:D

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

thanks for the compliment guys :D

First indeed make sure you check the checkbox as riscy mentioned (there are two checkboxes start with same description, so be sure you checked the right one.

2nd, do you have any extension installed? Since there are some extensions (such as TMP) who will take over the session saver function from browser default.

7. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

All I have is download statusbar, download helper, download them all, enhanced forcastfox, and noscript...I am also on firefox 3 RC1

8. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, when I close a window with multiple tabs it warns me, when I quit firefox it does not warn me...weird...can any one help??

Also i want firefox to save my session when i have multiple tabs open, can anyone help with that?

9. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

preference->general

Attached Files:

11. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem here with Firefox 3 RC1.

See this bug report: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419009.

From what I understand, if the tabs/window can be restored from a saved session, then you will not be asked to confirm to quit. If the tabs/window cannot be restored, then you will get a close-window warning.

So, say if you quit Firefox, all tabs and windows are saved as a session, so you will not be warned about open tabs. But if you only close one window, the session-saving thing is not triggered, and therefore you are warned about closing multiple tabs.

I do hope they bring back the old Firefox 2 behaviour where you are warned about closing multiple tabs regardless of whether they can be restored from a saved session. Firefox 3 might be "t3h snappy", but it's not fun having to see all your tabs being reloaded.

12. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe it was an add-on but when closing multiple tabs by pressing the red X or Quiting it it would ask me to save the session....