Firefox

Solafaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Do you use firefox or safari? i have been using safari for so long but ive been having problems with it, a bit slow at loading images, sometimes i need to reload the page and when downloading something its just closes for no reason. I made the switch to firefox today and have had no problems what so ever. Any of you using firefox?

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Firefox indeed

I have a dualie 2.7 with 5 gigs of ram and safari is slow and glitchy. I switched to Firefox 2 days ago and can't believe the speed. The pages load as if they were located on my hard drive. For me, Firefox is very, very fast, especially when compared to safari. I've had the same problems as mentioned above and I'm glad to use Firefox. Sorry, I don't think ram is the problem here.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2004
UK
yea, i can see what you mean, slow loading kept getting on my nerves and i didn't like the look of firefox much, so now i use camino, its an excellent browser.

Linkjeniero

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2005
The RAM thing iGary said was obviously a joke... :rolleyes: Who the hell would need that much RAM just to surf the web? For that, even 256 are enough (using Firefox, that is).

Flying Llama

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
Los Angeles
Well, I was using Safari and got bit by the bug like in this thread, so I downloaded Firefox (1.0.4). I really wanted to switch to the fox, I loved it, but I had to switch back to Safari because Firefox didn't load pages slow (much faster than Safari), but because the actual app hung, about a one minute hang every fifteen minutes! This really, REALLY bugged me, and I slowly started using Safari again. But now I will try Camino...

llama :eek:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
Yes, I use Firefox, as I've said in the 10 or so other threads on this matter. :p

I find overall, that I'm quite a bit more comfortable with a multiple platform application, even though there are plug-in problems still.