Firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigboy99, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bigboy99 macrumors 6502

I'm running the latest version, but it still continues to crash. This is the only app that does so.

bb
    G4 Powerbook OS X 10.4.11

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If Firefox isn't working out for you, have you tried Safari?

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've tried Safari 3, but prefer FF. I'm not sure how to go about trying a new profile. I went to the link in your post, but it didn't have anything specific about that topic.

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

These are I posted before. Helpfully it will solve your problem. (I think new profile generally can solve 99% of the problem of firefox.

You do need to reinstall extensions and themes afterwards.

6. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

firefox finally drove me crazy. Went to safari (well webkit) and haven't looked back.

7. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

One thing I can't stand about Safari is the command+enter functionality. In firefox or internet explorer, if you hit command+enter (well, control+enter on a windows box in IE) after you've typed "google" into the address bar, it prefixes it with www. and puts .com on the end.

Safari, on the other hand, opens up a new background tab and searches for "google" or something. A decent amount of the time you will get the site you wanted on the new tab, but not always (I think). Plus, you're on a blank tab, and the content you want is on a separate tab.

So firefox, type in google, hit command enter, you get www.google.com on the current tab.

In Safari, type in google, hit command enter, the tab you are on is blank (if you started with a blank tab), and google is open on the next tab.

Drives me crazy.

8. bigboy99 thread starter macrumors 6502

It was fairly easy to launch a new profile. I exported my bookmarks to Safari, and then imported them back into Firefox. So far, no problems.

bb99