Firefox's Speed Dial

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GuyInTheBack, Sep 2, 2009.

1. GuyInTheBack macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

I love this thing. I recently spent an entire morning customizing all of my bookmarks (+1,000) into a slick system. I only have two problems with it:

a) For you guys who use it at an advanced level; is there a way to change the icon sizes from folder to folder? My main speed dial only has 9 icons, including a few folders, however once you click on of said folders it opens up to dozens of options.

The only thing is that my main page automatically displays the same amount of icons as the hidden folders, leaving 9 small icons and 15 or so empty slots which isn't pleasant to look at

b) Is there anywhere to "save" my Firefox? I trust my macbook however, I remember once losing everything I had on my Firefox browser on Windows. Bookmarks, tabs, passwords, etc. Everything.

HUGE thanks in advance!

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

locally, you can copy out profile folder from time to time

in cloud, there is a mozilla addon called weave that can sync your passwords,bookmarks,history into cloud on mozilla's server.

3. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

Interesting. How?

4. GuyInTheBack thread starter macrumors member

GuyInTheBack

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

that was meant to show you where the profile is, you obviously don't need to create a new profile, just copy that firefox folder to somewhere as backup.