Firewall and Connection

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by selwyn, Dec 12, 2008.

1. selwyn macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2008
    My macbook can´t connect to the internet through the wireless usb modem that we use. I was using it for months before it stopped working. I had a similar problem a few years ago when I could use a friend´s router to go online in her home, then suddenly I could´t do it anymore. I suspect it has something to do with the firewall. Can anyone help?
  2. StuBeck macrumors 6502

May 6, 2008
    Can anyone else been able to successfully connect to the internet? Can you connect up when wired in? have you reset the router?
  3. Solemony macrumors 6502

Nov 26, 2008
    It has a ethernet cord right? Did you plug that in and it's using DHCP? Maybe you should unplug it from the outlet and re-plug it to let it reboot and see what happen. Are you using wireless or wired?
  4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Aug 20, 2008
    That's very unlikely. The built-in firewall only filters inbound connections. It doesn't touch outbound ones.
  5. selwyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2008

It might be due to some differences in the wireless usb modems in Europe. I´m using something called the Huawei 169E. I could go on one of the German forums but I have problems with the language. I´ll try to find one in English. I might have to go to a mac expert here in Berlin if I can´t figure it out.