Firewall iP - a firewall for your jailbroken iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Reilly, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Reilly macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

The newest version of Firewall iP is available via CydiaStore and RockYourPhone.

Firewall iP is the only security app of it’s kind and offers many advance features like getting WhoIs-informations about the host.

-Block outgoing TCP & UDP connections selectively

-Shows you the hostname for the connection & can provide you with WhoIs information

-Block connections of apps when you are on a cellular network

-Block analytic providers / data collectors which PrivaCy can’t

-Block unneeded content (ads ;))

-Easy to use interface & control app

and many more…. http://yllier.webs.com/firewall.html

The changes in 1.39 are all in the background, but massive. It improves stability, memory usage and speed. The beta testers are all impressed how quick it is now, and you will be too.

Changelog 1.39:

- significantly improved speed

- reduced memory ussage

- improved stability (fixes for example an issue with Sonic Winter Games)

- new icon

[​IMG]

give-away: I'm giving away 10 free copies of Firewall iP via RockYourPhone. to enter follow this link and read the post: Firewall iP: give away | Yllier Dev

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Been using this ever since the first release was out. I wouldn't use my iPhone without it. It's like Little Snitch's little brother. Awesome work Reilly. :)

3. outz macrumors 6502

i know this has been available for a while - i just purchased/installed. so far it's great. definitely a nice addition to my iphone.

thanks for making it available without being forced to install rock.

4. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

my biggest problem with firewall ip is that even if you allow all connections for certain apps, it still interferes big time. examples include skype and wifi sync, which are totally unusable when firewall ip is running. for the most part it is a good app, but it sucks that i have to turn it off all the time so that i can actually use my apps.

5. minii macrumors newbie

What's the battery hit like for this thing? That would be my only concern really. Is there a trial available for it? Other than these things, it certainly sounds good. May give it a try.

6. outz macrumors 6502

good point. i've yet to use anything with heavy load since installing firewall ip. what model phone do you have?