firewall issue

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by shankara7, Oct 29, 2011.

1. shankara7 macrumors member

Just purchased my new iMac last week..21.5' 2.8GHz i7 8GB 2T+256 solid state...just wanted to say I'm really enjoying it, but I'm having some issues with the firewall.
    The issue I'm having is when I launch iTunes some times it asks if I want to let iTunes.app to connect accept or deny. I have already set the firewall to allow iTunes and have locked the settings. When I choose accept it turns off the firewall. I have tried to delete com.apple.plist file in preferences to stop it asking when I launch iTunes but comes back. Why would it when accept iTunes to connect it turns off my firewall when locked?
    thanks for you help in advance

2. Set845 macrumors regular

The same thing happens to me except when I allow iTunes access to the network it does not turn off the firewall.

3. MiamiC70 macrumors regular

4. shankara7 thread starter macrumors member

Don't know what I did but it does not turn the firewall off now, but still asking for access sometimes.

5. Set845 macrumors regular

Man I just started that awesome itunes artwork screen saver and it wouldn't play any songs. I had to exit the screen saver to satisfy the nagging firewall. Now it's a feature.

6. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

DagazaGZ

7. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm having a similar glitch, but involving Java applications and the firewall. Any time I start a Java application, I get a dialog box from the firewall asking me if I want to allow it to accept incoming connections. However, it goes away by itself before I can click anything! :confused:

8. shankara7 thread starter macrumors member

Called Apple last week, had me re-install Lion. So far no problems.

9. Set845 macrumors regular

Ha that's just great. Lion came preinstalled on my brand new iMac.