Firewire Audio Interface with Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sMiK, Aug 11, 2009.

1. sMiK macrumors regular

sMiK

Hello, did anyone ever got a chance to work with Saffire LE on XP using bootcamp? I searched all over the place, found some patches and solutions, but nothing works... Just ridiculous.

2. nobodykeys macrumors newbie

About to receive mine as well

I'm also keen to know if this is definitely doomed not to work as I have just ordered one for my MBP Windows XP Boot Camp set up and had not realised there was a history of problems on this.

3. sMiK thread starter macrumors regular

sMiK

well for me it's just ridiculous, because I make music on a mac. But sometimes people send me cubase projects to master or any stuff like that and I have to use built in audio... Then if I play games on XP I cannot use my monitors because the only way to connect them is audio interface, which doesn't work...

4. Helfried macrumors newbie

no chance , i tried everything, different OS versions (XP SP2, SP3), different firewire-drivers (from SP1 to vista etc...) , all drivers from Focusrite-website (up to 1.4beta) , different FW-cables and adaptors , but i didnt get it to work. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it does not appear as audio-device, but i didnt get any sound out of my Saffire-LE under Bootcamp-Windows on my new 2009 Mac-Mini.
    Under OSX it works without any problem.
    I contacted Focusrite , but only got "it works under Windows, read our FAQ"...
    What more can I do ?

5. sMiK thread starter macrumors regular

sMiK

I did get it working on vista. but with huge buffering, so it was producing cracking sounds etc. And I have no idea how it worked. It just loaded up once I started it up. But I don't use vista anyway, and on XP I get exactly the same as you.