Firewire camera help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yedweeeezy, Dec 6, 2011.

1. yedweeeezy macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    So i have an intel based 21' imac that i use for a broadcasting show I currently have a 2 camera setup the built in isight and a webcam, the webcam broke but i did not like the quality anyway plus id like the zoom function which webcams don not have... ive done my research and i believe i need a mini dv camcorder with a firewire output so i can broadcast/ stream live... i know they dont really make firewire camcorders anymore so i was wondering will a normal everyday camera be fine quality wise i know it will already be better than a webcam... or do they make a hd firewire camcorder... if so what are my options or if you know another way i can broadcast please let me i can found this for 50 bucks Sony DCR-HC28... sorry for the run-on post
  2. yedweeeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    im looking to do this the least cost effective way possible Thanks for the help
  3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

Jun 11, 2011
    Sorry what are you asking?
    Also I suggest you moving this into the mac peripherals.... I think?

Is your show live?
    Or do you just file yourself?
  4. yedweeeezy thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2011
    im asking a few questions 1 is the camera i listed at the bottom ok for what i need or do they make a better one or a version in hd or if someone knows another way of doing the things i listed thanks ..its live how... how do i go about moving the thread