Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Hey folks, I have a standard Firewire/IDE Case lying around here, and it already had some HDs in it, worked everything fine in OS X.2.

Now my question: I want to put in some CD-RW or Combo-Drive. I already tried some noname products, but it wasn´t very successful. Where can I find a list of compatible Drives that are actually supported over FW by OS X up to now?

I was browsing Apples pages, and tried Sherlock for the knowledgebase... nothing found. Can anyone help out?

peteMG

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Re: Firewire-Case - Opt.Drive compatibility?

Originally posted by Stike
Where can I find a list of compatible Drives that are actually supported over FW by OS X up to now?
I've been thinking about the very same thing - putting a DVD recorder in an external case to finally get DVD burning on my PBG4. The only resource I've found that mentions it was the Drive Compatibility Database at Accelerate Your Mac!

(I've got my eye on the Toshiba SDR-5002 DVD burner - it's on special at a local place near me where I happen to have a bit of store credit :))

-p

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Re: Re: Firewire-Case - Opt.Drive compatibility?

Originally posted by peteMG
The only resource I've found that mentions it was the Drive Compatibility Database at Accelerate Your Mac!

Hmm. I think this database is nice, but I got lost in its chaos :rolleyes:
Isn´t there any official list of supported drives by Apple??

Or could I use Toast to ensure compatibilty? Is there a list? Haven´t found it...

Stike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Thanks for all your help! I hope that I can get some drives for testing before paying a lot...:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.