Firewire Connector Help for new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by K.E.P., Oct 25, 2008.

  1. K.E.P. macrumors newbie

    Jan 23, 2008
    After using my 1gz 17'' imac G4 for almost 7 years, I decided to get a new macbook pro due to the fact is has FW and I use it a ton with my mini-dv recorder for imovie.

    Question: I am guessing to make my camcorder work with the new incoming macbook pro I need:

    1) Firewire 800 9 pin to 400 six pin connector
    2) Female 400 six pin to female 400 six pin

    I already have an ilink (4pin I think to firewire 400 cord) that is ilink size on one end and FW 400 on the other end.

    What are the best options to get my camcorder connected?

  2. delude macrumors 6502

    Dec 27, 2007
  3. K.E.P. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jan 23, 2008
    these will work for ilink only

    I found these, but these appear to convert/connect the ilink (4pin male) into a firewire 800 male end.

    What is the best way to connect to a firewire hard drive? 800 male to 400 male?
  4. e12a macrumors 68000


    Oct 28, 2006
    yes. Computer and Hard drive both have female bits.

    you need a male-male cable.

Share This Page