Firewire Duet and Mavericks?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by goodgnus, Oct 22, 2013.

1. goodgnus macrumors member

Anybody have experience with the original Duet on OS X Mavericks yet? Any issues?

2. tasty-the-dog macrumors newbie

I'm wondering the same thing. Scared to pull the trigger.

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

According to Apogee, it's compatible with a software update apparently.

See the link I posted.

4. tasty-the-dog macrumors newbie

5. whosthis macrumors newbie

My Duet FW works with my Mac Pro 2010 with Mavericks, but the software volume controls do not work. Only operable on the Duet device itself.

Apogee support suggests deleting and reinstalling software, but didn't help.

Any suggestions?

6. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

That would be neat if it worked again as it should in 10.9. My Firewire Duet was a disaster with 10.8.. It was so bad I bought an all new interface. I did hold onto the Duet though..

------

That was just 1 of the problems I had with mine, but in 10.8.. Looks like that didn't change with 10.9

7. tasty-the-dog macrumors newbie

Well, I installed Mavericks and the Duet firmware update. Output works as usual but my inputs are basically gone. I can't record audio. In Logic under Preferences>Audio>Inputs it only lists surround sound options, not stereo. Anybody know any solutions? I felt confident upgrading since there was a firmware update but now I'm screwed and I can't reinstall the old firmware because it doesn't support Mavericks. Great!

8. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

I use an Apogee One as my mobile soundcard. Works perfectly with Mavericks so far. So I suspect the Duet would work fine too.