Firewire Memory Keys?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheNewDude, May 19, 2010.

1. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,
    I couldn't find a better spot to put this post, so I am putting it here.

Have you guys come across any Firewire memory keys? (Similar to the USB Keys we have now days).

Firewire has a much higher transfer rate than USB 2.0, so I was wondering if any company made the firewire memory keys. I did a quick google search but didn't come up with anything recent. All the articles i read were from years ago.

So if you have come across any, please post cause I'd really like to purchase one!!

Thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

A quick Google search for "Firewire Flash drive" shows such things do exist.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That article is from 2007, and OCZ no longer sells that model.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That was simply an example to show the OP to be less lazy and search him/herself. As you are being so pedantic here's one that's in stock. No doubt you will now blame me for the price :rolleyes:

5. TheNewDude thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you read my post, it clearly states that I did a google search and came across with really old articles, just like the one you initially came up with.

The reason i posted it in a FORUM, so i could get insight from other forum members who possible have gotten one. There preferences or experiences with using one or better alternatives.