firewire PMG4 to eMac Tiger

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by xtempo, Mar 28, 2014.

1. xtempo macrumors 6502

xtempo

Is it possible to copy the disk image in OS 9 and transfer Tiger to the eMac HDX partition? Or is there another way to do it? I can access Tiger as a startup disk but that is the Quicksilver's HD. Or should I rerun the Tiger disc and select the eMac HDX as the destination?

I understand target disc mode but not how I can get Tiger on the eMac by it.

2. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

You can use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable copy of Tiger on the eMac.

3. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

Does it have a demo or do I have to pay for it? at the moment I am kinda broke.

4. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

You use it for free :)
    You can pay for it to get rid of ads, but to use, it's free.
    http://www.bombich.com/download.html
    It's pretty straight forward to use.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

You must copy a Tiger partition. It isn't like OS 9 where you can simply drag it over. Use Carbon Copy Cloner and set the source as the Tiger partition on the QuickSilver, and then set the destination as the eMac's hard drive. You want the eMac in FW Target Disk Mode, and the QuickSilver started up.

6. xtempo thread starter macrumors 6502

xtempo

I do now having a working version of Tiger on the eMac. thanks for all the help.

I realized it clone everything and being on an eMac and not actually on the PMG4 when I use is kinda annoying. Is there a way to change some settings like the computer/home folder? It shows PMG4. Or would that require to re installing?