Firmware 1.1.1. & GoPhone Service ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eswank, Oct 1, 2007.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if anyone out there has recently purchased and iPhone and still went with AT&T's PrePaid GoPhone Service? I was wondering if using the SSN of all 9's was still working? I'm planning to buy one in two weeks but I don't want to sign they're 2 year contract.

Please let me know if you've been successful with this. Thanks!

2. jeffgilchriest macrumors newbie

Yes

I have used the pick-your-plan since day one and have 1.1.1. Works fine. Customer service for me has been very good.

3. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

If you don't mind me asking, which plan are you going with? I'm currently a Pick Your Plan customer (w/o the iPhone) but I've noticed the prices for the rate plans went up. I just wanted to know which plan you have and what additional features did you add? Thanks.

4. jeffgilchriest macrumors newbie

Prices

AT&T just changed their pick your plan rates without notifying me (at least). The plan I have is the $49.95 (400 anytime mins). It WAS unlimited nights and weekends and had not maximum $ amt assigned to the account as a roll-over. NOW it still has 400 mins, but I accepted the new plan's 3000 mins for nights and weekends and unlimited cell-to-cell within AT&T. Before the switch, I paid for the cell-to-cell as a regular call. Also the new plan has a hold-over max of $250. My wife has the next plan up (69.95 w/ 600 mins & unlimited n+w, plus free cell-to-cell.

The iPhone plan also adds on 19.95 for the unlimited data. I have no complaints so far. I will NEVER go to a contract again with any carrier.

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

I have had this since day one. No need to "trick" iTunes, I just put in my social security number, lol :D

Seriously, it seems as if MOST people fail a credit check for an At&t contract, especially if you did not currently have a contract in your name with another provider.

Pre-Paid is the ONLY way to go. No contract, no ties, no nothing. Easy as pie account management. Yes you might pay a little more, but AT&T has rollover minutes. With Pre-paid is the only way to really appreciate it. Rollover works in terms of dollars and cents. You get the most out of your $$$$$$.

NOTE: One thing they don't advertise and that most people aren't aware of: If you are running low on minutes toward the end of the month, there is a top-up option, that allows you to buy $15 or $25 worth of daytime minutes to get you through the month. This can be done quickly online or over the phone and does not affect your re-billing date!

Always go with the cheapest day time plan per month. If you don't use it, it rolls over....if you do use, you can top up for cheap. You can't lose with Pre-Paid!!!!!!!!!