FIRMWARE 1.1.2 OUT FRIDAY 9th

madofrain

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
If Engadget is to be believed firmware version 1.1.2 will be made available to download this friday (9th)

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/04/iphone-v1-1-2-breaks-jailbreak-coming-to-the-uk-on-friday/

Other than the tiff exploit patch I doubt there will be anything worth upgrading 1.1.1 for. For the security conscious a fix has been made available in installer anyway..

Anyone paranoid about the control click restore method being disabled in the next Itunes version may want to restore thursday. You can always jailbreak again on the weekend...

Cheers.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Clearly to prevent Brits from unlocking their new iPhones. I am really tempted to wait for the Nokia and hope that it syncs well with the Mac. All of this crap with locking up ringtones and sticking you with O2's tariffs is really crap, and I do imagine that it will take some time until who has bought a phone in the UK can use it with anything but the O2 18-month contract.

Any news regarding the French unlocked phone? Might it work with Orange here in the UK?

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Clearly to prevent Brits from unlocking their new iPhones. I am really tempted to wait for the Nokia and hope that it syncs well with the Mac. All of this crap with locking up ringtones and sticking you with O2's tariffs is really crap, and I do imagine that it will take some time until who has bought a phone in the UK can use it with anything but the O2 18-month contract.

Any news regarding the French unlocked phone? Might it work with Orange here in the UK?

Patching the TIFF affects unlocking in NO WAY whatsoever. It doesn't affect activation or jailbreaking via iNdepedence either. The only effect it has is that jailbreakme will not work anymore, but who cares....It was a huge security liability to begin with anyway. Only if Apple patches the baseband/bootloader I will be concerned.

planetbeing

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2007
It doesn't affect activation or jailbreaking via iNdepedence either.
What I heard is that they also closed the symlink vulnerability in afcd. It's not really a true security vulnerability, since it can only be exploited through physical access to the device.

So that was aimed directly at us.

Of course, it means all existing jailbreak methods are void for 1.1.2.

I probably wouldn't worry, though. Personally, I can't wait for it to come out. It was getting boring.

It does if your device ships with 1.1.2.
You can use the shift-click/option-click trick to restore to a previous firmware version.

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
Great, these boards are going to be more spammed than usual with "help me! i bricked my touch! plzzzz!!" posts.

I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Does that mean one should restore before Friday? Or not bother updating the firmware

cmuench

macrumors member
May 15, 2007
Well I will be waiting for the initial reports to see what the firmware fixes and then to see if the jailbreak still works.

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
You can use the shift-click/option-click trick to restore to a previous firmware version.[/QUOTE said:
I have read about this??? Does this allow you to restore using a firmware image stored on your pc???? Anybody actually done this and have some info??? It may save some of the "help I bricked my ipod" posts that will be popping up... lol

igw

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Ok so say I want to update to 1.1.2 on my ipod touch, how and where do i download version 1.1.1

Also if i install 1.1.2 on a jailbroken ipod touch will that brick the ipod touch. And if not can i use ijailbreak on a 1.1.2 ipod touch

thanks

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
Looks like I ordered my iPT just in time (before this update)

Hopefully it should patch the "bug" that prevents you from making calender entries.
haha you wish! They already have a patch called "iPhone"

Ok so say I want to update to 1.1.2 on my ipod touch, how and where do i download version 1.1.1

Also if i install 1.1.2 on a jailbroken ipod touch will that brick the ipod touch. And if not can i use ijailbreak on a 1.1.2 ipod touch

thanks
Search this forum for "ipod firmware"

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
haha you wish! They already have a patch called "iPhone"
I said that because someone on this forum emailed Steve Jobs about the calender issue and got a reply back saying it was a bug and would be fixed in a software update.

I'm not sure if it's fake though.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
you have to have the firmware downloaded on your computer

control click for mac
Shift click for windows

than you can select the 1.1.1 firmware, and restore it back to 1.1.1

get 1.1.1 firmware HERE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.