FIRMWARE 1.1.2 OUT FRIDAY 9th

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by madofrain, Nov 4, 2007.

1. madofrain macrumors member

madofrain

If Engadget is to be believed firmware version 1.1.2 will be made available to download this friday (9th)

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/04/iphone-v1-1-2-breaks-jailbreak-coming-to-the-uk-on-friday/

Other than the tiff exploit patch I doubt there will be anything worth upgrading 1.1.1 for. For the security conscious a fix has been made available in installer anyway..

Anyone paranoid about the control click restore method being disabled in the next Itunes version may want to restore thursday. You can always jailbreak again on the weekend...

Cheers.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Clearly to prevent Brits from unlocking their new iPhones. I am really tempted to wait for the Nokia and hope that it syncs well with the Mac. All of this crap with locking up ringtones and sticking you with O2's tariffs is really crap, and I do imagine that it will take some time until who has bought a phone in the UK can use it with anything but the O2 18-month contract.

Any news regarding the French unlocked phone? Might it work with Orange here in the UK?

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Patching the TIFF affects unlocking in NO WAY whatsoever. It doesn't affect activation or jailbreaking via iNdepedence either. The only effect it has is that jailbreakme will not work anymore, but who cares....It was a huge security liability to begin with anyway. Only if Apple patches the baseband/bootloader I will be concerned.

4. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Hopefully it should patch the "bug" that prevents you from making calender entries.

5. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

It does if your device ships with 1.1.2.

6. planetbeing macrumors member

What I heard is that they also closed the symlink vulnerability in afcd. It's not really a true security vulnerability, since it can only be exploited through physical access to the device.

So that was aimed directly at us.

Of course, it means all existing jailbreak methods are void for 1.1.2.

I probably wouldn't worry, though. Personally, I can't wait for it to come out. It was getting boring.

You can use the shift-click/option-click trick to restore to a previous firmware version.

7. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

It will be interesting to see if that works. Only 5 days to go....

8. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Great, these boards are going to be more spammed than usual with "help me! i bricked my touch! plzzzz!!" posts.

I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

9. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Does that mean one should restore before Friday? Or not bother updating the firmware

10. cmuench macrumors member

Well I will be waiting for the initial reports to see what the firmware fixes and then to see if the jailbreak still works.

11. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

you dont have to update...

12. mattydub macrumors member

13. igw macrumors member

Ok so say I want to update to 1.1.2 on my ipod touch, how and where do i download version 1.1.1

Also if i install 1.1.2 on a jailbroken ipod touch will that brick the ipod touch. And if not can i use ijailbreak on a 1.1.2 ipod touch

thanks

14. mmfy macrumors regular

Looks like I ordered my iPT just in time (before this update)

haha you wish! They already have a patch called "iPhone"

Search this forum for "ipod firmware"

15. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

I said that because someone on this forum emailed Steve Jobs about the calender issue and got a reply back saying it was a bug and would be fixed in a software update.

I'm not sure if it's fake though.

16. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

you have to have the firmware downloaded on your computer

control click for mac
    Shift click for windows

than you can select the 1.1.1 firmware, and restore it back to 1.1.1

get 1.1.1 firmware HERE

17. phoenix.stu macrumors member

Well, it is Friday the 9th already here in Japan and there is no update as of yet.