firmware 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by duve, Jan 15, 2008.

1. duve macrumors newbie

Just a suggestion for all who like me jailbraked their touch. I downloaded the itunes 7.6, restored and updated to firmware 1.1.3 and added the new apps Apple just released for the touch. The importnt part I believe is to do a restore and update. This will erase all of your music, jailbraked apps, etc. but I think it is the safe way to guarantee your former jailbraked touch won't be unusable. I am not happy about the 19.99 price for the new apps but I believe more is to come from Apple next month. As a Mac user for over 23 years I found the best way to avoid problems is to stick with whatever Apple's software provides.

2. 619 macrumors member

If I want to update to 1.1.3, do I have to restore my iPod first and then update 1.1.3 or how would I do this. Can I just update to 1.1.3 while my ipod is still jailbroken?

3. duve thread starter macrumors newbie

1.1.3 update

To update to 1.1.3 you must first update itunes to 7.6 using software update. Then connect your touch to your computer and when it shows up in itunes choose restore and update. Do not use the backup to restore! Use NEW when asked. You will have to add your music and other items back to your touch but you will have a clean install. Your touch will no longer be jailbroken but if you choose to spend the $20 to get the five new apps Apple has added you will also have the ability to add one or more of the web apps on Apple's web site to the home page on your touch. I have found several that are at least as good or better than the jailbroken ones plus they will not screw up your touch.

4. 619 macrumors member

So your saying it's better to update? I'm getting some money back from Best Buy since they adjusted the price. So I think I'll update and buy the apps then.