Firmware 2.XX

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Enigmafan420, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Does anyone know if 2.XX firmware will let you shuffle albums on the iPod touch?

I currently have a jailbroke 1.14 with a hack that allows me to shuffle albums, and the feature is SO IMPORTANT that I am not willing to loose it by upgrading my software.

Thanks to all who continue to help this n00b!:)

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

best option could be to stay with 1.1.4 I have never heard of this album shuffle before let alone such a thing for 2.x

3. therealmrbob macrumors regular

therealmrbob

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I can confirm this gives you the option to shuffle albums via preferences

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I am running 2.01 and screenshot to provide proof above works

6. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Great!!!

Best news I have had lately on this-I do LOVE the 2.0 on my iPhone-and have wanted it on the iPod touch.

Thanks to all who responded-I just now have to remember how I installed the hack last time-it has been a while :confused:

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the hack I posted screenshot of was done via the link provided, just make a backup of the preferences.app folder then copy the preference.app from the zip file to ipod

8. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Yeah I vaguely remember doing it with Cyberduck-I kept the modified preferences file that I downloaded there-so it shouldn't be too bad.

My CLI is a little rusty-not having used it since DOS days-but I have done a bit of hacking in my iPhone and it comes back to me pretty quickly.

9. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Hey I was wondering-do you think this would work for iPhone/iPhone 3g?:confused:

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

it probably would buuttt with the link titles "Hidden iPod touch Settings revealed" I would advise against doing it on the 3G as you might loose settings or if you do want to try this out I would strongly suggest you make a backup of the preferences folder.

I also found this method made a couple of preference menus blank and puch preferences disappeared

I found this: http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16923&page=65 2.0 extended preferences (post 647 on that page) ..... I'm just about to try this out

11. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I got the advanced preferences installed in my 'Touch, but there is no option to shuffle Albums that I can see :(

12. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

?!?

How did you get this to work? I pwned 2.01 and tried to install the preferences, but when I choose the settings button on the 'Touch, it goes blank for like 1/2 second and then back to the home display. :confused:

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

set the premissions for the files in preferences.app to 755

14. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

These are the steps I did:

SSHed to the /applicaions.app directory.

Renamed to applications.app to applications.app.old

Copies the extended preferences to the appropriate directory.

Changed the permissions on new applications,app to 755.

And.... When I hit settings, it APPEARS like it is going to work-but then boots me back to home screen immediately...

15. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

what on earth is applications.app folder? :confused: your suppose to just make a backup of the preferences.app folder

maybe this is where your going wrong, if your renaming the applications folder your not going to have access to any apps

16. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

You are right of course-I made a typo error-it should have said the preferences.app directory within the applications directory.

Sorry-anyway, right now I have the advanced preferences you spoke of yesterday-and they work-but I cant get extended. I am using Cyberduck not sure if you are on Mac-but you can change the folder or file permissions within cyberduck by changing the permissions directly, no Unix CLI needed.

I just double checked, and re-downloaded the extended preferences discussed at the iLounge forum. And changed the permissions to 755 and it doesn't work.

I even tried the "original" preferences he speaks of and they don't work either.

Jack

17. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

ARGGHHH!!

Extremely frustrated here :mad:

I just went and manually changed EVERY FILE in the preferences.app director to 755 permissions and it STILL DOESN'T WORK-

These are the same permissions as in the ORIGINAL data file so I have no idea why this isn't working-I have boss preferences installed on my ipod, do you think that matters?

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

may sound daft but make sure the preferences folder has permissions set to 755 and respring

19. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I am nearly ready to give up-I verified that the directory and all files within it (including subdirectories and THEIR files) all were set for permissions at 755.

I am going to try and CLI it just to make sure and if that doesn't work, I dunno-I was setting permissions using Cyberduck, maybe it doesn't like that?!?

Can you give me the order in which you did things? I did the following:

PWN 2.01
    Installed Boss Preferences, Terminal, and SSH
    Used cyberduck, rename old preferences, then copied extended preferences to /applications/preferences.app

Checked all permissions using Cyberduck-changed all to 755.

Still nothing :( :mad: