Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AhDuppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Well i bought the new 3gs iphone and im trying to unlock it for Tmobile and jailbreak it. Firmware is 3.1.3! anyone knows how to? Much aprreciated :D

ldobson

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Well i bought the new 3gs iphone and im trying to unlock it for Tmobile and jailbreak it. Firmware is 3.1.3! anyone knows how to? Much aprreciated :D

Sorry if its a new phone, it will have the new iBoot bootloader which currently can not be jailbroken, however stay tuned as geohot has a fix which he may or may not release.

Qanbar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2009
Actually geohot has a jailbreak for 3.1.3 not sure when he will release it tho soon I'm guessing, oh yeah it's an untethered jailbreak. Unlock won't be far behind.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
He has an untethered JB. We dont know for what firmware its for or when he will release it. Most likelly when 4.0 comes out.
Especially if we consider the attitude Geohot has towards those people who were 'dumb enough to upgrade' to 3.1.3

gongtowjai

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010

Why would you unlock for TMobile?? You can't run on TMobile 3G due to different frequency. I can understand the unlock portion, if you travel overseas.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Why would you unlock for TMobile?? You can't run on TMobile 3G due to different frequency. I can understand the unlock portion, if you travel overseas.

Many in the US use T-Mobile due to cheaper rates (and use Edge instead of 3G)

I actually don't really see the logic of doing it, but some do.

To me it's like putting a donut spare on a Ferrari so you can only drive it 50 mph. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.