Firmware 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphonehk, Sep 12, 2009.

1. iphonehk macrumors member

When is a safe time to upgrade. Seems like alot of people are having problems with it. And I am just coming to terms with 3.0.1 which is pretty stable now.

Any ideas?

2. nohanderguy macrumors newbie

I also keep 3.0.1 for now, seems like too many problems with 3.1.

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Well, if you've got a 3G not 3Gs there's no real hurry at all unless you really want to buy ring tones on the fly. It seems like all the other changes are cosmetic really.

But remember it's only the one's with problems that post. There would be a few million downloads so far and the vast masses of them are fine.

4. iphonehk thread starter macrumors member

That's what I figured too but then again, am not too sure if I really want to take the big step forward to 3.1 yet.

Maybe when the jb is out I would consider.

5. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

No problems for me, I really like the organization feature.

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

whats new in 3.1??? Im sticking with 3.0 JB on my 3gs until some new crazy features comes out

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Apart from voice control with bluetooth headsets.

Agreed. Not everybody has the same circumstances. By and large, most people won't have problems. After all, this is NOT Windows. (even the couple of oopsies I've encountered; nobody's perfect and compared to the couple thousand of oopsies on Windows, my complaints are nil.) :D