Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xellos2099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
I got question, my friend want me to unlock his iphone 4 and it is Firmware 4.3.4 and baseband 4.10.01. I understand that I must use Gevey sim for it since the baseand is 4.10.01. As I was search for iclaried tutorial, I can't seems to find one for 4.3.4, only 4.3.3 and 4.3.5. Any idea why? Also, if I don't want to upgrade to ios5, can I skip the firmware reinstall and just do a reset on the phone and proceed to to jailbreak and unlock? Or do I must preserve the baseband and upgrade to ios5?

Another thing, my friend say the phone is never update and he got it when it launch but the firmware and baseband are updated at leasd once...

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
No hashes means stay on 4.3.4 with Gevey to unlock.
Tethered jailbreak on 4.3.4

Updates to other firmware than iOS 6 (loosing the Gevey unlock) is not possible.

You can also look in to a IMEI unlock via greymarket.
Which carrier is the phone locked to?

Xellos2099

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Well, I already pay for the gevey sim already so might as well go through with it. So my only option would be reset the phone and jailbreak it since I can't restore the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.