Firmware Beta

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by hiddenpremise, May 12, 2009.

1. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    If I subscribe to the standard developer program, can I install my copy of the firmware beta on more than one device (ie. my ipod touch and iphone?). I searched high and low, but couldn't find the answer on apple's site. I have a university membership, but that didn't come with Beta firmware. :(

Thanks,
    Whit

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Apple have 2 developer programs. The iPhone developer program and the Mac developer program. You need to be a member of the iPhone developer program in order to get the iPhone firmware and it sounds like at the moment you just have the ADC student membership which is just for the Mac side of things.

3. hiddenpremise thread starter macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    I have a membership to both the ADC and a membership to the iphone developer program through their university membership. The university membership is like the Enterprise membership, but is free and does not come with Beta 3.0. I would like to get 3.0 for testing purposes, but I need to be able to install it on more than one device.

Edit- Here is a link to the university FAQ if I've confused you. http://developer.apple.com/support/iphone/university/. I am developing my college's mobile application.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Interesting. I never knew Apple had that program in place. You learn something new everyday.

As for the original question, if you are a member of the normal everyday iPhone developer program I believe you can register quite a few devices. I only have one device myself so have not tried to register any more than that but I have certainly heard of others registering multiple devices.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

You can register up to 100 devices for testing/development.