Firmware comparison for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aerospace, Jan 25, 2008.

?

Did you have issues with the 1.1.3 upgrade/jailbrake?

1. I upgraded and have no issues.

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I upgraded and have minor issues.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. I upgraded and have major issues.

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I have not upgraded yet.

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. aerospace macrumors 6502a

I've still got 1.0.2 but was very tempted to upgrade after seeing the webclips but am not so sure after seeing all the issues people are having with the jailbrake.

How would I get the same function on another firmware level?

Is there a page that shows all the additions each firmware gives so I can choose?

Thanks!

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Although the new functionality is good I have noticed that the iPhone is a bit slower than it was with 1.1.2. If you press a button in some apps like Safari then the menu does not always appear instantly but can take a little while to appear.

I have done a complete Restore and this has made no difference.

3. aanndrew macrumors member

4. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

What i was planning on doing was using the web clips to replace my bookmarks. Make a page of sites that go to my financial stuff(bills, banks, stock account etc), and a seperate one for news sites(main thing i do on the iphone internet).

I read somewhere there is a hack to do the same thing but not as easy as hitting plus to add a site, and dragging them in the order you want on the home screen.

5. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

aerospace: I do the same thing. I moved the stock app to a 4th page and filled up the first page with my most frequent stuff (bank, google reader, my site) and on the 2nd page is lesser used apps such as my alternative banks, e-bay, google, beejive and a few other sites. On the 3rd page is games and entertainment and than the last page is just junk I dont use and I cant get rid of (stock app).

I am sure it will fill up more when the SDK comes out and I find games and apps that I want to use.

6. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

im upgraded,have foudn the new features to be useless, the maps loction feature rarely works and theres a better app that does the same thing.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I upgraded...

to 113 the day of the Keynote, and have only seen a few minor glitches, but nothing to SELL my iPhone over. I truly enjoy the new Maps features, the webapps and the multiple homepage options. :cool:

8. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

So how do i do webclips without 1.1.3 on a windows machine?

...mba is tempting but not at 1799 =)