Firmware Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by patai2006, Jan 21, 2009.

1. patai2006 macrumors newbie

cant even get a 2.0+ firmware update to work .... sorry guys dunno why its so hard 4 me... planed on getting that 2.0+ and then jailbreak ... = /

2. insanityq macrumors newbie

Why can't you? Just browse to the firmware using iTunes and recover your iPod with it. Just make sure you make a backup of the ipod's content. Also there is a 2.2 firmware now so, I am not exactly sure why you're sticking with 2.0.

3. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

idk all the links i tried with firmware updates... all havnt worked... all say errors when done trying to update ... any1 have a good link with a 2.2 firmware ? or.. if go to the jailbreak sticky does that come w the updated firmware

4. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

still having trouble... on a diffrent forum a mod gave me alink for 2.2 firmware ... same process ... error (14) this time ... how come evry1 else can do it but not me :confused:

5. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

Check here
    It has almost every version of firmware for both the ipod touch and the iphone. I didn't know this site, but some googling doesn't hurt u know...

6. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

yepp.. i got it... i had to shift + restore instead of update and it worked... thanks anyways guys.. now i can get some free apps =-) ... next is jailbreak ... any1 got a good link for 2.2 firmware jailbreak

7. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

8. patai2006 thread starter macrumors newbie

im guessing that guide will work for my ipod touch 1gen 2.2 firmware

9. sOwL macrumors 6502

sOwL

this guide is actually written for the iphone, but you should be able to make it out. Using the same program but just chosing the ipod touch. And yes, the 2.2 has been jailbroken for the 1g. *crosses fingers for the 2g :eek:*