Firmware update Blank Screen Please Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djragz, Jul 15, 2008.

1. djragz macrumors newbie

I have a 15 inch macbook pro 2.2 and I got the pop up for the firmware update so I clicked on it, it said to install it and then when you restart to hold on the power button while it blinks....................

right now Im hearing someting working inside the Macbook Pro, The green light is working and the little light in the front of the keyboard part under the mouse is lit up but dim. I can get anything past that, the screen is blank and im strugglin. I read several posts but havent seen how to fix this. Im new to the mac world, if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it before I pull me hair out! So far ive tried to power down and power back up, took out the batter and disconnected the power to start again. I cant even put a disk in the drive. Help Please!!!!

Thank you

2. djragz thread starter macrumors newbie

I set an appointment to turn this thing in for service.............it looks like its a big problem that mac has with the new firmware................way to go mac! The warm fuzzy feeling is starting to fade...............

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Do Not Power Down Your System!!

When updating any firmware in any machine, one must have patience.
    The noise you're hearing is normal, it's the HD at work, optimising your system to accommodate the new updates. Perhaps Apple should of stated it'll take up to twenty mins for the update to be completed??

DO NOT POWER DOWN YOUR SYSTEM!!

Turning off the machine has most definitely not wise. Switching it off has most probably caused some errors... If anything is damaged, i'm not completely sure would Apple fix it, since it's due to user error.

4. djragz thread starter macrumors newbie

i only wish

I waited about an hour b4 powering down.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

About the Firmware Restoration CD (Intel-based Macs)

Here...

This is the DIY firmware recovery guide, I think you'll need. Going to Apple for support will mostly likely make you be without a Mac for a fair few weeks - since most store don't on site repair centre.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303469

Hope you have a friend with a Mac...
    Cause you'll need one.

Good Luck.

6. djragz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks!

thanks for this tip! Ill try it out tonight. I actually have 1 friend and that 1 friend has a mac so im in luck! I will report weather its successful.