Firmware update has saved my life

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jay81, Sep 29, 2007.

1. jay81 macrumors member

I really didnt want to return my ipod but the update has made the screen amazing. I downloaded Big Bang theory(hot chick in that show) and it looked near HD..it was amazing.

I also charged my battery yesterday..did the download,watched the show and surfed the net for about 1.5 hours on the Ipod and then listened to some music. Battery still full!

2. bogman12 macrumors regular

3. James L macrumors 6502a

4. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

What build week is it?

I was in the Glasgow store today and finally had a good look at one.

It was week 37 and it had the screen problem, although it took quite a bit of fiddling to find it, so i am reluctant to say that it is an really bad problem. Its definitley subjective.

When in the store during the week i asjed if they had received any returns of their limited advanced stock and he said 'no' and also denied he had heard anything of these screen problems?

I found that the problem was very dependant on lighting, angle and whether you paused the video when it was dark.

Saying that when i did pause it and look straight on the darks were white so i think i will wait a couple more weeks to get mine, i just wish the money would stop burning holes in all my pockets!!!! :p

5. jay81 thread starter macrumors member

It was a week 37. I must say that that its alot brighter. I had re adjust my brightness settings because the download made my settings alot brighter than before. When i use the thing in bed while my wife sleeps...i have it turned all the way to the left

6. duraace macrumors member

I've got a week 38, and there is no hint of a screen problem. I easily look at it straight on, and can tilt is slightly in any direction without changing screen quality. I have IT experience going back to 1985, and I'm very picky where gadgets are concerned. This device has exceeded my expectations and is by far the coolest thing I've ever owned. What would make it better?
    1. stand alone RSS reader to match Avantogo.
    2. eBook reader / application
    3. Up-dateable calendar.