Firmware Update Improved Battery Performance ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LordEntropy, Sep 28, 2007.

?

Has the firmware update 1.1.1 improved your battery performance?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2007.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Don't know!

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  4. Was getting close to Apple recommended battery life already.

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. LordEntropy macrumors regular

As a result of this comment

I have started a new one with a poll to see if the firmware update has improved battery performance?

2. Stun inc. macrumors newbie

It appears to be so. I haven't tested extensively but the batter used to drain very quickly when using safari and listening to music i was on it for about two three hours after the update and it drained less then half.

we have to wait and see but things are looking better

3. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

What about when the iPod is turned off and on again? Does the update fix the extreme battery drain?

4. themiracle macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure the "extreme battery drain" was just the battery testing software starting up. It usually goes back to normal after a while.

5. dexx0008 macrumors member

I don't know when others decide to charge their battery but I've noticed that I'll get a low battery message that says less than 20%,, and less than than 10%,,, if i dismiss those and continue to use the ipod for video with brightness all the way up, I can get another 1hr or more of video time easily. I'm hoping with time this improves, when I sync, i notice the battery alerts get sent to apple. Maybe they need to tweak the settings for this yet. I wonder if it just isn't reporting battery life accurately.

That said, i don't have any real battery issues, and I can leave my wifi on all the time and get plenty of juice out of it.

I hope others battery issues get better.