Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vulture7776969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
I've skimmed through the profiler and tried spotlight but can't find where I can find my firmware version to know whether it is up to date or not. Does anyone know where to find this info?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I think it's the Boot ROM version under the Hardware title in System Profiler (see the post above for one way to access this).

You can easily tell if your firmware is up-to-date. Run Software Update. If there is a firmware update it should show up there.

vulture7776969

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
imac

My friends intel iMac had a firmware update available but we wanted to kno if he needed it or not and the boot rom was some weird number apple only has 1.0 and 1.01 for intel imac so we went ahead and installed the firmware anyways and it fixed almost all the probs he was having but still kinda curious where its at. Knowing Apple its prolly hard to get to and hafto use the terminal or something. Software update didn't show the firmware u hafto check it on apples knowledge base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.