Firmware

igw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Ok, so lets say apple releases new ipod touch firmware. To avoid a possible brick, how can we reload 1.1.1 if say 1.1.2 has already been released. Is there a way to download 1.1.1 and keep it on the computer so that a later date it can be used to reset to ipod before installing the new firmware.

vividdemise

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Ok, so lets say apple releases new ipod touch firmware. To avoid a possible brick, how can we reload 1.1.1 if say 1.1.2 has already been released. Is there a way to download 1.1.1 and keep it on the computer so that a later date it can be used to reset to ipod before installing the new firmware.
Here

igw

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Where do I download the 1.1.1 firmware, I do not want to install it, I just want to keep it on hand.

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
Where do I download the 1.1.1 firmware, I do not want to install it, I just want to keep it on hand.
I've bee trying to figure out the same thing too! And I'm trying to download it before I even get my IPT (in the system on the way) as i suspect v1.1.2 is on the way :eek:

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
Likely you ought to drop it in some folder special to iTunes, then you will be able to restore with the application...

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
apple wouldnt brick the ipod touch, the update would unhack it and remove all 3rd party files, apps, etc

mmfy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2007
apple wouldnt brick the ipod touch, the update would unhack it and remove all 3rd party files, apps, etc
I assume you're guessing, unless you work for Apple's software unit. Best to play it safe and have the firmware backed up i say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.