Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Whew, what a day I had! First, my neighborhood caught on fire. What do I do? Hop in the nearest telephone booth to become: Super-reporter-man! Armed with my XL-1 and photographer (who happens to be my mom) we set out to cover the fire. Got pretty close too. Unfortunately, a LAFD helicopter agreed and decided to makes us leave... the hard way! I missed the attack run, mostly because I myself was running away in terror. I was able to catch my mom getting soaked by the copter though! Thats a-lotta-water!
here is the video for your enjoyment.

Okay, so we got home alive. Later we threw some sausages on the grill. I went out to check them and noticed that they didn't seem very warm. Like an idiot, I pressed the igniter on the grill and...

PHFFFFFTT-BAM!!! *CRACKLE, CRACKLE*

Yes, my head and most of my upper body was engulfed in a fireball. (I later learned that the crackling was my hair being singed)

The moral of the story here is make sure you see the flame ignite before closing the grill lid
(sorry, no video of that)

ciao

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Google Video said:
Thanks for your interest in Google Video.

Currently, the playback feature of Google Video isn't available in your country.

We hope to make this feature available more widely in the future, and we really appreciate your patience.

Awwww. Care to upload it to another source?

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
iTwitch said:
To be honest I found this whole thing disappointing. Where's the smoke, explosions and running for your life? That water drop did look refeshingly cool though. :)
They put it out just about when I got there. On the opening shot though... thats not dirt on my lens!
And yes, it was refreshing. It was hovering around 110º.
iAlan said:
Hee Hee, she did get a good soakin' :p
Yeah, and so did out cameras!

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
any chance of a picture of the hair damage?

i havent set my hair on fire in a long time, which is why it's so thick and "damn sexy" at the moment.

it's a pain in the ass to get all those balls of melted hair out though.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hector said:
any chance of a picture of the hair damage?

i havent set my hair on fire in a long time, which is why it's so thick and "damn sexy" at the moment.

it's a pain in the ass to get all those balls of melted hair out though.
Well, I pulled most of it out (it kind of fell out). The only visible damage besides a slightly altered haircut is my eyelashes have tiger stripes.

Abstract said:
I'm sorry, but no burns, no dead? *yawn*
Well, if I died then you would never hear (er, read) the story. If you're looking for death and destruction you should check out my [IMO not particularly good] bosnia documentary in which I come within about two inches of stepping on a landmine.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Kingsly said:
Well, I pulled most of it out (it kind of fell out). The only visible damage besides a slightly altered haircut is my eyelashes have tiger stripes.

Showing your support of Mac OS X 10.4, how noble of you Kingsly! :)

Kingsly said:
Well, if I died then you would never hear (er, read) the story. If you're looking for death and destruction you should check out my [IMO not particularly good] bosnia documentary in which I come within about two inches of stepping on a landmine.

Perhaps you had best lock yourself up in a padded room. You seem to have far too many near death experiences! :eek:

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Killyp said:
Who would have thought someone with a fluffy little avatar could be so evil? :p

Remember this: Chucky was a doll, yet was evil too. ;)

Kingsly said:

Two inches from a landmine? Two!?! You disappoint me again! :( At least have a close friend tell these stories to give them a bit more zing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.