First Accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Anastacio, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Anastacio macrumors regular

I'm buying an iPhone 4 as soon as it's my turn in the que, hopefully I'll have one sometime in August. So I am starting to look for accessories to get for it. With the iPhone 3GS (bought it one month ago for the first time) I had a case, this time I wanna go caseless.

That means I am looking for some screen protection for the front, back and antenna to improve the signal somewhat. I want a monster case as well for the vacation I am going at in October and then something to cover the charger-port. I found the following:

01) Zagg InvisibleSHIELD
    http://www.zagg.com/iphone-4-antenna-fix.php

02) Ballistic HC Series
    http://www.goballisticcase.com/products/iphone-4-ballistic-hc-series-case

03) Port Cover (is there anything like this for the iPhone 4?)
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eaWP9ZVfTkY/SxU4icS-qnI/AAAAAAAAAXQ/w9UUoc6CmX4/s400/S-IP3G-0912_1.jpg

04) Portable Charger (any portable chargers for it? I'm going on a long airplane trip and need aditional power).

2. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

1. The Zagg IS is a horrible horrible product. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Get yourself an SGP olephobic or a Power Support crystal film. Much better.

2. That case is ugly as sin. I don't like hiding my iPhone in a bulky case, but if you want great protection that isn't fugly go with otterbox.

3. If you search for "dock protector" or something like that you can get them on eBay (I have). Also, some cases include them (Switcheasy brand comes to mind)

4. You don't need a portable charger assuming that the the airplane has normal AC wall outlets (I haven't flown in awhile). Your ip4 comes with an AC wall adapter that the USB cable plugs into :D

5. You owe me a beer ;)

3. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

+1

4. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

1. I am primarily looking for something to cover the antenna, as I have read it improves the signal a bit. Does the SGP do that?

2. The Ballistic HC Series is the one I'm getting, looks doesn't matter when I'll only be using the case for 3 weeks. Mind you, I'm going to beaches, to the ocean, jungles and going to be nearby snakes, monkeys and a whole lot of dirt - great protection is what I'm looking for.

3. Thanks, I'll be looking at Amazon for one. =)

4. Oh, I didn't know that, hopefully it has something like that.

5. I owe you a whole case of beers dude! =p
    Anyway, thanks for all your answers.

6. Is this case worth anything btw? (switcheasy nude)
    http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPhone4/NUDE_iPhone4.php#

5. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Personally, I HATED the InvisibleShield. It was a piece of rubbery feeling ****. I really like the Wrapsol Ultra, but I only used the back, not the front. I haven't used any other brands, so I can't comment on those.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Switcheasy Nude. I'm using a Speck PixelSkin HD that I like quite a bit. But it's all in the preference.

That's all the input I have. :p

6. reliantj macrumors 6502

7. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

8. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

I am looking for all the products on Amazon, there's nothing neither on co.uk or .com. I'm searching Google for a dock protector, nothing shows up. Is this this hard finding accessories for iPhone 4? Do I have to buy it all through the official websites? I live in Denmark, Scandinavia, so I can end up paying a bit more. =/

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

yes.
    ebay. do it. they have everything.
    also look up iphone 4 di-noc. cool stuff.

10. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

11. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Zagg

I personally love my ZAGG full body protection + Best Buy's 4Fix. Awesome finish, the feel is great, and it keeps it's luster well. As long as you apply it right, you're good to go.

12. MrNimziki macrumors newbie

MrNimziki

+1 (minus the 4Fix)