First Aid Found Corruption 2016 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RByers8252, Nov 29, 2016.

1. RByers8252 macrumors regular

Hello, I just got a base model MBP no touch bar yesterday and have been getting everything installed to my liking. I tried to install Windows 10 via bootcamp last night and it failed so I figured I'd try again tonight after work. Failed again while trying to partition the HD. It told me to run First Aid in Disk Utility so I did, it found invalid volume free block count. Says it should be 46742031 instead of 46695598. Most of the files appear to be in my iCloud photo library so I'm not positive how to fix this. Rebooted in recovery to run first aid there and it won't let me select the correct HD (Macintosh HD) it is grayed out. Any help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

With regards to First Aid DU repair from the Recovery HD, you may need to right-click the Macintosh HD volume and select 'Unlock', then enter your user password. From there you should be able to repair. Normally that'll be the case if you have FileVault enabled.

As for the volume corruptions on a new machine, that's very odd. Did you restore from a Time Machine backup/use Migration Assistant, or was it setup as new?

3. RByers8252, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016

RByers8252 thread starter macrumors regular

No, set up as brand new. I've installed office 365, smcfancontrol, VLC, Chrome, steam, origin, Citrix receiver and a few apps from the App Store. Really can't figure it out. Computer runs perfectly fine so this caught me off guard. going to try to right click on it now.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 29, 2016 ---
    Thankyou sir. That fixed it. Installing windows now, still not sure what caused it.

[​IMG][/URL]