Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TradeMomentum

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I say almost perfect, nothing is 100% perfect in this world. But for laptops, I would have to say my new MacBook Pro comes pretty close. I have had Dell's, IBM/Lenovo's, Acer for the last 15 years, so this is my first Apple Computer.

Ordered on Oct 20, arrived Oct 27. MBP configured - 15", 2.8 ghz, 4 GB ram, 320/7200 HD.

Based on all the comments on MBP I was getting worried about the quality and problems I might expect. None of this came true. I have only had 2 days with this, but here is my initial impressions

- Very easy to set up, was surfing internet wirelessly in 10 min
- Built like a tank.
- It's thinner, which I like
- Very fast, compared to where I came from, windows and 6+ yr old Lenovo T42
- operates cool, I don;t hear the fan
- glassy screen was originally concerned with it. Screen is bright it overcomes the reflections. Love it, images are sharp, crisp, bright colors
- Lid closes evenly, like the magnetic latch
- Keyboard feels nice
- Trackpad - like it alot, actually easier to navigate apps than other laptops

Workflow/navigation of getting tasks done is quicker than windows.

I would not be here with this MBP or typing this if I had not gone to the Apple store in May to replace my IPOD. I just happened to stop by the MPB stand to try out the computer and fell for it. Then decided to wait for the new Intel chips.

What am I going to use this MBP for? Adobe Creative Suite 4, Video, music recording, Fusion w/Windows (unfortunately have apps running only on windows)

So far very pleased with this, never thought I would be an Apple convert, I am now.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Congrats!

Browse the forums to check out the guides and get to learn more about the OS and the short cuts that make your life easier.

Do a lot of search, you will be surprised that most of the issues new comers to Mac/OS X are shared across many users and systems. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.