Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2023
IMG_0622.jpeg
Hello, as a new iPhone owner I really want to get a watch. I’m not a big dude and assume my wrists are on the smaller side. On one hand, I would appreciate the added real estate of the 45 but worried it would look kinda goofy on my wrist. I’ve attached a photo of me hearing my wife’s 38mm series 3 for reference. My gut is telling me the 41 would be best but I’d like to hear your opinions. Unfortunately there’s no Apple Store near me to try one in person. Thanks in advance.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
View attachment 2300102 Hello, as a new iPhone owner I really want to get a watch. I’m not a big dude and assume my wrists are on the smaller side. On one hand, I would appreciate the added real estate of the 45 but worried it would look kinda goofy on my wrist. I’ve attached a photo of me hearing my wife’s 38mm series 3 for reference. My gut is telling me the 41 would be best but I’d like to hear your opinions. Unfortunately there’s no Apple Store near me to try one in person. Thanks in advance.
Personally, I will always recommend the larger one unless it's absolutely ridiculous (like on a 10 year old child).
For you, you can definitely go with the 45mm.

Limpette

Suspended
Sep 25, 2023
Bigger screen on the 45 is definitely a bit nicer to use but 41 ALWAYS looks/feels better on the wrist unless you're a giant.

Reactions: lordj81

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
A year ago I got a 41 MM Series 8. I also have smaller wrists and it was great but I had one issue and that is being able to quickly focus on the watch face since I wear bifocals. I then had another problem and that was my wife kept grabbing my watch and wearing it. Finally I relented I and went and bought a 45 MM Series 8 and let the wife keep the 41 MM. Actually I really like the 45 MM much better and it is also much easier for me to focus on with my bifocals. It is your money and what you decide for yourself but I recommend the 45MM. edit: Please excuse the watch screen protector as it is cracked but it did the job of protecting the watch face.
IMG_7319.jpeg

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2023
Thanks for the replies and pics everyone. They look great on your wrists to me. Decided to go with the 45mm in Silver. And I just know that if I went with the smaller one it would keep nagging at me that I should have went bigger lol.

Reactions: Howard2k

T4t3r

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Thanks for the replies and pics everyone. They look great on your wrists to me. Decided to go with the 45mm in Silver. And I just know that if I went with the smaller one it would keep nagging at me that I should have went bigger lol.
That’s what happened to me and now I have several 45s. 😂 You’re getting it right on the first one.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Also have tiny wrists, was 42/44/45mm since the beginning. Recently got a 41mm and it looks more like jewelry than the bigger watch, which I like. I main a 45mm Series 7 now and have the 41mm for when i feel like wearing a smaller watch.

So why not both?

lordj81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2023
Also have tiny wrists, was 42/44/45mm since the beginning. Recently got a 41mm and it looks more like jewelry than the bigger watch, which I like. I main a 45mm Series 7 now and have the 41mm for when i feel like wearing a smaller watch.

So why not both?
Because I just bought a 15 Pro Max too lol. Pretty sure I already spent more on this watch and the phone than I did on my first car 😭

Mikeske

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2012
Washington
Because I just bought a 15 Pro Max too lol. Pretty sure I already spent more on this watch and the phone than I did on my first car 😭
In 2018 I bought my current car and paid more than I paid for my first house and buying both the car and the home were paid in cash. My first home in Las Vegas in 1983 was $34,000 and the my current car I paid $35,900. My first car was in 1974 and I paid $75.00 and my current iPhone 15 Pro was $1,199. Yep so did I.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.