First Apple Watch- question about shuffling songs

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jessica08, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Jessica08, Dec 15, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

Is there a way to shuffle a playlist with the Apple Watch? I go to music that’s on my iPhone and select a playlist. I’ll firmly press the display and the only thing that comes up is airplay. No other selection comes up. I see from my google search that 4 options are suppose to pop up. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get all 4 options to show on the watch?

Also, is the watch suppose to notify me when I get an email? Mine doesn’t do that, so not sure what’s going on. Haven’t tried text message yet to see if it works. I did just update to the new software tonight, so I’ll play around with the watch tomorrow to see if I can get this working.

TIA

2. tomtattoo macrumors regular

tomtattoo

On the watch when you can read the playing title, there are three little - in the bottom left.
    There you will find two buttons for repeat and shuffle.

3. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jessica08

The only things that show up when I click on the three little dots, is dislike, love or delete from library. Nothing about repeat or shuffle. I’m clicking on songs on iPhone not the ones on the watch. Is that why it doesn’t show up? I’d like to be able to shuffle songs on my iPhone while working or something without having the phone right next to me. The watch isn’t letting me do this.

4. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jessica08

I confirmed it works with using Bluetooth headphones. It doesn’t work when using the watch to control music on my iPhone. Unless I’m missing something.

5. Sword86 macrumors regular

When I try it, it appears the shuffle needs to be activated from the phone.
    I’ll have to try to see if I can shuffle music that is stored on the watch when I am playing that. The three dots give me the same options you’re getting when controlling music that is on the phone. S
    --- Post Merged, Dec 18, 2018 ---
    I just tried. When playing music that is on the watch you get three bars on the lower left of the display (as well as the three dots on the lower right) that lets you shuffle the watch content) I’ve tried and can’t find a way to shuffle phone content by way of the watch’s display. All you get are the three lower right hand dots you’ve referred to above. It’s a drag because even if I turn off BT from my phone and wifi on my watch to connect BT headphones to the watch to play watch content, it insists on ‘showing’ the content on my phone, yet can’t play them, for obvious reasons. You have to ignore that and scroll down into the watch content and despite trying, I cannot get it to move beyond the current playlist and shuffle all the content on the watch. It refuses to leave the one playlist. I need help there apparently, when after several weeks of playing watch content away from my phone and thought I had all the mysteries that came up solved. S
    --- Post Merged, Dec 18, 2018 ---
    Geez....here’s another one. On my ipod Touch I always bitched that shuffle sucked. It insisted on playing the same stuff over and over and never dipped into half my music. Now shuffle on the watch can play one song multiple times in the same playlist and doesn’t get around to play all of them.
    What’s with that???? S